Sunday, November 23, 2014

NaNoWrimo and Death (TOLP)

Hi everyone! I am so sorry I haven't posted in so long. Life has been crazy what with NaNoWriMo (I currently have 30363 words out of my word goal of 32123) and homework and a ton of other stuff, but I will be posting regularly from now on!!!!
So, anyways, in my novel, a character dies. And it got me thinking... What do I want my last moment to be? Because we will all have one. At one point or another, you will take your last breath and be gone.
But if you got to choose, what would be your perfect last moment?
And I think that sometimes death is glorified, especially in TV or in video games, when really, it is just the moment that a living being stops breathing, whether they are killed, whether they kill themselves, whether they die of disease or old age.
The dictionary defines death as: noun
  1. the action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism.
    "I don't believe in life after death"

    synonyms:demisedyingendpassing, loss of life;
    the state of being dead.
    "even in death, she was beautiful"
    the permanent ending of vital processes in a cell or tissue.

So that's it. That is death defined.
Are you scared of death? I am not sure if I am.
Most people are more scared to talk about death, than actually of death itself. When you break it down, its not that scary, but the glorification of it, makes it seem so.

That's all for today. I know it was not a very long or uplifting post, but.... It seemed right for today, a rainy day.

xx
Amaia

No comments:

Post a Comment